This is IT!

I've figured it out!

This is a monumentous discovery, people.

So, sit yourselves down for this.

I've figured out the secret recipe for making perfect rice krispy treats!

And I'm going to share it with you today, right now, because I believe that nobody should ever, EVER be without such a thing.

EVER.

Sorry, Rice Krispy elves. I'm about to blow your worlds right open.

The original recipe goes something like this:

3 TBSP butter
5 1/2 cups marshmallows
6 cups krispy cereal

Then they tell you to melt the butter, add marshmallows, and melt those, and then remove from heat and stir in the cereal.

This is WRONG.

ALL WRONG.

THIS is the REAL recipe for the most awesomely perfect rice krispy treats:

1 stick butter
1 entire bag of marshmallows (about 9-10 cups)
8 cups krispy cereal

Melt butter over medium high heat. Add marshmallows, and stir to coat in all that fabulous butter. When the marshmallows start to get puffy, and almost lose their shape, remove from heat and stir in cereal. Now, this step is important: DON'T LET THE MARSHMALLOWS MELT ALL THE WAY. IT DRIES THEM OUT TOO MUCH (thank you, buddy friend Christina for this tip!). Stir until all the cereal is coated. Press mixture into greased 9 X 13 pan. Or, just get a spoon and eat it out of the pot...not that I've done this...a lot...

You are so welcome. Call me when you wake up from your rice krispy treat coma. We'll do lunch. And make more rice krispy treats.

Comments

Tina said…
This is so ironic!! I was just about to get up and go make some for our pinewood derby tonight! Ha ha!! I'm glad I saw this before. Thanks!! :)
Anonymous said…
Eeeya...I hope they turn out, just in case I'm crazy! :D

Popular Posts