And then my mind was blown...

I'd like to think I'm a smart person.

Not overly intelligent, per se, but passable by most college standards.

But I feel pretty secure in my knowledge of common things, like types of animals and the assorted types of cheese I come across at the grocery store, and may even impress you with my extensive memorization of movie quotes.

But today my mind was blown.

I was reading with Josh in his science book, and listened attentively to myself as I read, thoroughly enjoying what I was reading aloud (no, I don't preread things. I don't have that kind of time or attention span).

It went like this:

"Cetaceans are divided into two different kinds: baleen whales and toothed whales. A baleen whale has no teeth....(blah blah blah, let's get to the good part)....when you think of the word whale, you probably imagine a huge creature. BUT DID YOU KNOW THAT A DOLPHIN IS A KIND OF WHALE, TOO?"

At the same time both Josh and I yelled "WHAT???" 

Mind. Blown.

Like so much whaley-dolphin blow-hole snottery.

And with all my brains splattered on the ceiling courtesy of my new blow-hole, I sat in a stupor for five minutes trying to understand why my entire life was a lie.

Anyway.

Yeah.


Comments

Katscratchme said…
Hahah! (I knew...) ;)

Popular Posts